Search This Blog

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Granny Square Bear

So I'm making the granny square bear on Heidi Bears for a friend. It calls for "fingering weight" yarn... I got baby yarn. Not sure if that is the same thing? What's annoying me is that it uses tiny hooks. I have no problem using tiny hooks with crochet thread, but they keep snagging my yarn. Grrrr. I'm hoping I can make it through to finish this because it's so cute. Do you know if there is a brand of hooks that are designed to where they can hold the yarn and not snag it as you're pulling it through? I bought Boye hooks.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not aware of any crochet hooks that wouldn't snag, as you need that little hook to actually crochet. I had a somewhat similar issue with Homespun yarn since it was kind of "furry"....I found that after I YO, turn your hook to be kind of face down, and it didn't snag as often! Can't wait to see a pic of it!!!

    ReplyDelete